May 2, 2009: Back in the Saddle Again

In case you haven't been into the shop in the past couple of weeks, let me bring you up to speed on our new roaster. Yes, we are now roasting on our new machine! Woo hoo! It's taken a little longer than we'd hoped, but finally, the gas is on and the flame is lit! (Okay, that's figurative. I'm pretty sure I turned it off when I left.)

I've been working on transferring our profiles to the bigger roaster, with some minor slips. Despite what I'd heard about the larger Diedrich's driving like tankers vs. speedboats, I've actually found that the baby is a bit of a hot rod, but I think control and finesse are well within my grasp. We've still got some work to do to get the whole space ship shape, but we've cleared the largest hurdle so far.

Anyway, I'll post pictures, and possibly video of our new baby soon, but until then, come see us, try the coffee, and I'm sure one of us will give you the exciting tour of the facility. Yes, we are a little excited about this.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]